Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Airplane

“I'm going to build this plane. I may not finish it during my lifetime, but if I didn't have this plane to work on, my health would go down 10 times faster.”

That was what was told to me by a retired man today. He was talking about the benefit and value of having a meaningful project to occupy his time and mind, and productivity. This is in contrast to a conversation I had this week with someone else, who was talking about their concerns that the world is going to come to an end in December of 2012. And while that might be the case, for all I know, it was just really satisfying to see a man talking about building this plane. It's taking him several years to get it done, and it still doesn't even have an engine in it, but just hearing him talk about the importance of having that kind of a project going on in his life was really uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP