Friday, September 2, 2011

I don't give a @%*#

"You riding your bike around the lake?"  Yes I am I said.  "Lived here 30 years and never seen it so low.  I don't give a BLEEP though--I'm on a well."  That was the unsolicited conversation I had with a fellow while in line to buy a bottle of water at 7-11.

I wonder what it would take for him to give a BLEEP?  If he knew how many wells in the State are going dry would that help?  If he knew that you can't get a permit to drill a well in OKC?  If he knew how many people have had to redrill their wells going deeper each time?  That aquifer levels go down when rainfall is down but take much longer to replenish?  That many local cities buy water from OKC but OKC does not have to sell it to them if they don't have any surplus?

When is he going to give a BLEEP?  When he's bent over the sink trying to rinse the soap out of his mouth and the well runs dry--then it's too late likely to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP