Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Page Seven

Today, I was on a telephone call with the Financial Planning Association's ethics committee.  On the call, we were reviewing the case of a financial planner from Oregon.  I just thought, “Hey, I want to look at his website and learn a little about his company.”  I went to Google and typed in his name, which is an unusual name, and, bam, up it came.  His name was listed on seven pages before I could get to his actual website.

Every web service, search engine, marketing scheme, everything under the sun was listed in there before I finally got to a link to his company website.

One of the things that I've complained about before is being too big to succeed.  I just wonder, in the world of the Internet and
yellowpages.com, if it's really even possible now to go to the Internet and find what you're looking for with any kind of ease.  So that just came to make me think, if you're looking for a financial planner on yellowpages.com, it might be a good idea to skip several pages deep before you expect to come across someone who actually does financial planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP