Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Too Big To Fail

I got an interesting phone call today from a banker. Scott called me from the bank today and asked how I was doing.  To which I replied, "What's up Scott, I only hear from you if there's a problem."  He responded, “Well, we got this check in and there wasn't enough money in your account to cover it.”

After a bit of anxiety and wondering how that could happen, since we try to pay pretty close attention to not writing hot checks, we discovered that the bank had deposited a fairly good sized check not in my business account, but in my personal account.  The back of the check was stamped with the corporate information, no reference to my personal name anywhere on there.  But this is the fourth time something strange like this has happened in the last few months.  

We've been hearing in the news for the last few years, the term “too big to fail,” especially as it relates to banks and financial institutions.  We have kind of coined the phrase around here, “too big to succeed” whenever we have situations come up and regular people just don't feel like anybody is paying attention to them. It's our goal at our office to do what we can to avoid being too big to succeed.  If anything comes up that makes you feel like that might be an issue, it would be really good for us to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP