Wednesday, October 23, 2019

BB King Plan


About 15 years ago I had the privilege of getting to see BB King live from the 4th row center of the Oklahoma City Civic Center.  WOW – you can pick up a lot from being that close!  Sadly, he passed away four years ago. But his legacy is one that still impacts us all today.

Here are a few of my vivid memories from that experience as we take a moment to celebrate the life of a legend:

·      He was still ROCKIN' at age 79;
·      He was clearly having a good time;
·      No way he ‘needed’ the money (my story);
·      He did not sing and play the guitar at the same time;
·      The civic center was packed with people offering their money, time and enthusiastic cheering to let BB know we loved his mojo;
·      He chose a few of his good buddies to come along for the ride and play in the band or do the warm up act – how fun does that sound?

Here is the question I have been asking since that concert: “What can I (YOU) do now to ensure I’m (WE’RE) still rockin’ at age 80?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP