Thursday, November 10, 2011

Precious Mail

The photo attached to this post is of me at the age of 15.  The birthday wish I never saw until this week came from my step grandmother Beaulah who died recently at the age of 98.  She loved to fish and show me how you could freeze catalpa worms and later thaw them out and they would come to life.  Great stuff for a kid for sure. 
Dovie, the stepmother, found this in Beaulah's things and took the time to send it to me.  At 54 years old now I was all choked up reading a message encouraging me and lifting me up all these years.  The power of a handwritten note along with the thoughtful words and pictures trumps any email or virtual message I have received EVER.  Why is that I wonder?    I am inspired to put words on paper in purple ink to support and encourage others (especially kids) even if they never even know it was written. 
I think Beaulah would be proud to know me today. For the readers of this post--if you think you are one of the "wrong crowd" folks-- please let me know as soon as possible :)  You see there is a legend about Beaulah that suggests it is not a good idea to disappoint her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP